[Lldb-commits] [lldb] r201603 - Eliminate kernel warning when running tests on FreeBSD
emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 18 13:33:10 PST 2014
Date: Tue Feb 18 15:33:10 2014
New Revision: 201603
Eliminate kernel warning when running tests on FreeBSD
pexpect had a hack to work around some old buggy platforms, and as a
result of the hack running the tests on FreeBSD produced a stream of
kernel warnings in the system log:
Feb 5 17:19:11 feynman kernel: WARNING pid 11323 (python2.7):
ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffff80087467
The hack has now been removed upstream, so remove it here too.
--- lldb/trunk/test/pexpect-2.4/pexpect.py (original)
+++ lldb/trunk/test/pexpect-2.4/pexpect.py Tue Feb 18 15:33:10 2014
@@ -1437,17 +1437,11 @@ class spawn (object):
applications like vi or curses -- applications that respond to the
SIGWINCH signal. """
- # Check for buggy platforms. Some Python versions on some platforms
- # (notably OSF1 Alpha and RedHat 7.1) truncate the value for
- # termios.TIOCSWINSZ. It is not clear why this happens.
- # These platforms don't seem to handle the signed int very well;
- # yet other platforms like OpenBSD have a large negative value for
- # TIOCSWINSZ and they don't have a truncate problem.
- # Newer versions of Linux have totally different values for TIOCSWINSZ.
- # Note that this fix is a hack.
+ # Some very old platforms have a bug that causes the value for
+ # termios.TIOCSWINSZ to be truncated. There was a hack here to work
+ # around this, but it caused problems with newer platforms so has been
+ # removed. For details see https://github.com/pexpect/pexpect/issues/39
TIOCSWINSZ = getattr(termios, 'TIOCSWINSZ', -2146929561)
- if TIOCSWINSZ == 2148037735L: # L is not required in Python >= 2.2.
- TIOCSWINSZ = -2146929561 # Same bits, but with sign.
# Note, assume ws_xpixel and ws_ypixel are zero.
s = struct.pack('HHHH', r, c, 0, 0)
fcntl.ioctl(self.fileno(), TIOCSWINSZ, s)
More information about the lldb-commits