[Lldb-commits] [lldb] r197545 - When ProcessMachCore::DoLoadCore() finds *BOTH* a user process dyld and a mach kernel
jmolenda at apple.com
Tue Dec 17 17:56:30 PST 2013
Date: Tue Dec 17 19:56:30 2013
New Revision: 197545
When ProcessMachCore::DoLoadCore() finds *BOTH* a user process dyld and a mach kernel
binary, change to prefer the mach kernel binary by default.
--- lldb/trunk/source/Plugins/Process/mach-core/ProcessMachCore.cpp (original)
+++ lldb/trunk/source/Plugins/Process/mach-core/ProcessMachCore.cpp Tue Dec 17 19:56:30 2013
@@ -306,16 +306,28 @@ ProcessMachCore::DoLoadCore ()
- // If we find both a user process dyld and a mach kernel, prefer the
- // user process dyld. We may be looking at an lldb debug session were they were debugging
- // a mach kernel when lldb coredumped.
- if (m_dyld_addr != LLDB_INVALID_ADDRESS)
+ // If we find both a user process dyld and a mach kernel, we need to pick which one to use.
+ // We're looking at one or two scenarios:
+ // 1 This is a core of a crashed user process (e.g. a debugger) which has a copy of
+ // a kernel in its memory. lldb crashed while doing kernel debugging, leaving this
+ // core file behind.
+ // 2 This is a kernel core file that happens to have a user-land dyld macho image in
+ // one of its vm pages.
+ // #2 is rare, but has happened. #1 only happens to people debugging the debugger, so
+ // for now, they will be inconvenienced. FIXME - we should have a ProcessMachCore
+ // default setting to specify which dynamic loader to use so it can over-ridden without
+ // rebuilding the debugger for those rare occasions where it's needed.
+ if (m_mach_kernel_addr != LLDB_INVALID_ADDRESS)
- m_dyld_plugin_name = DynamicLoaderMacOSXDYLD::GetPluginNameStatic();
+ m_dyld_plugin_name = DynamicLoaderDarwinKernel::GetPluginNameStatic();
- else if (m_mach_kernel_addr != LLDB_INVALID_ADDRESS)
+ else if (m_dyld_addr != LLDB_INVALID_ADDRESS)
- m_dyld_plugin_name = DynamicLoaderDarwinKernel::GetPluginNameStatic();
+ m_dyld_plugin_name = DynamicLoaderMacOSXDYLD::GetPluginNameStatic();
// Even if the architecture is set in the target, we need to override
More information about the lldb-commits