[libcxx-dev] Non-merged type info name comparison

Shoaib Meenai via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 23 12:02:27 PDT 2019

In https://reviews.llvm.org/rL361913, libc++ gained the option to make type info comparisons use a strcmp on the type info name, which is useful for when we can’t guarantee RTTI uniqueness. I believe libstdc++ also defaults to strcmp comparisons. However, libstdc++ doesn’t perform the string comparison when the type info name begins with the * character [1], which is the case for e.g. types defined in anonymous namespaces. Should libc++’s implementation be changed to match, at least when targeting Linux?

[1] https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/277b02e227df91c686e7f7ad1ae21cd898611ca8/libstdc%2B%2B-v3/libsupc%2B%2B/typeinfo#L123