[libcxx-dev] AArch64 and PowerPC support

Diana Picus via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 2 01:39:08 PDT 2019

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 at 17:52, Marshall Clow via libcxx-dev
<libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:48 AM Itaru Kitayama via libcxx-dev <libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Marshall,
>> If I look at the libc++ LLVM page, the architectures like AArch64 and
>> PowerPC with Linux are still not marked as "Supported." What are the
>> time frame for them to be properly supported?
>> On POWER8 I seem to build and use libc++, but not throughly using the
>> libc++ test suite for the complete coverage.
>>

> I suspect that means that either:
> * The web pages are out of date, or
> * We don't have bots for them - so they're not really tested.
>
> I know that people are using libc++ on 64 bit ARM platforms (both iOS and Android, for example)

For the record, we have buildbots for AArch64 Linux here:
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/libcxx-libcxxabi-libunwind-aarch64-linux
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/libcxx-libcxxabi-libunwind-aarch64-linux-noexceptions

They're red at the time of writing, but we're actively maintaining
them and will bring them back to green asap.

Please let us know if there are any other requirements or if we should
be testing other configs as well (at the time being we're only
compiling with clang, is gcc also a must?).

Cheers,
Diana