[libcxx-dev] Libcxx testing with top-of-tree clang?

Marshall Clow via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 29 13:30:23 PST 2019

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 3:50 AM David Zarzycki via libcxx-dev <
libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Do any of the bots test libcxx with top-of-tree clang? More than once I’ve
> suspected the answer is “no”. Most recently, the test suite has been broken
> for a few days now. I’ve worked around the problem by adding
> -Wno-deprecated-copy to the test suite config but somebody needs to decide
> if that’s the best long term solution.

My understanding is that (several of) the libcxx test bots get updated to
the latest clang on a regular basis, but not on every run.
So they may lag behind ToT by a week or so at times.

-- Marshall

P.S. When I test a change, I test against a recent clang - built that
morning, or maybe the day before. Almost never ToT, but always close.