[libcxx-dev] [cfe-dev] [Release-testers] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Brian Gesiak via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 21 11:32:19 PDT 2019

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 3:04 AM Michał Górny via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-07-18 at 14:19 +0200, Hans Wennborg via Release-testers
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
> > from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
> > to 10.0.0.
> >

> Could you please do the necessary magic for 'release_90' branches to
> appear on llvm-mirror/* repos?

I'd like to echo this request. I help maintain a downstream LLVM
repository that I haven't yet been able to migrate to the monorepo
structure (I know, I will! It's a work in progress :) ). I'd like to
rebase our downstream patches on top of a 9.0.0 release branch, but am
currently unable to do so because the mirrors do not have such a
branch.

Alternatively, does anyone have a convenient way to determine which
mirror commit represents the branching point of the 9.0.0 release
branch? I tried determining this for myself by checking out the
branching point r366423 in each SVN sub-repository and seeing the most
recent commit, and I got these.

* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/0bf4f3f8528e6b79cba86ab2ac41d616567f0c6d,
r366423
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/commit/10837c359218716121413d25701edecde5266b29,
r366429
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/commit/f34df41e952a2948d00e40d0c985e9b173cdedca,
r366420
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/lld/commit/0c814a769e61b22b7b27fa624ebf7e53a1211eae,
r366424
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/compiler-rt/commit/41522da1fb978b3d17e9fbf84a0f490ab6855c57,
r366413
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/libcxx/commit/7524ef50093a376f334a62a7e5cebf5d238d4c99,
r366359
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/libcxxabi/commit/74d1e602c76350f0760bf6907910e4f3a4fccffe,
r365944
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/openmp/commit/c1b1ef1c009f285690b40a96f0853ec2b1573fbb,
r366349
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/lldb/commit/aaecb53ef71efec5d4bcfcd677e984ab971e2d99,
r366426

So I'm thinking that checking out the mirror commits above and
applying the same patches on top as applied to the llvm-project
release branch would get me a mirror release branch. But if anyone can
confirm that, or if they know an easier way to find these mirror
commits, please let me know. Thanks!

- Brian Gesiak