[libcxx-dev] What C++03 support should <atomic> have?

Olivier Giroux via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 5 21:32:17 PST 2019

There is a little bit of code in this file that suggests it once worked in C++03.

Like so:
#ifndef _LIBCPP_CXX03_LANG
    __cxx_atomic_type() _NOEXCEPT = default;
#else
    __cxx_atomic_type() _NOEXCEPT : __a_value() {}
#endif // _LIBCPP_CXX03_LANG

Is that an actual design goal? It looks like it’s broken right now.

Do we maintain this, or do we bump the assumed default to C++11?

Thanks for your guidance,

Olivier