[Libclc-dev] Compilation problems on Slackware 14.2 32-bit

Zbigniew via Libclc-dev libclc-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 5 14:04:11 PST 2018

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 10:45:48PM +0100, Jeroen Ketema wrote:

> Hi Zbigniew,
>
> The configure script depends on the llvm-config executable to figure out the locations of all the headers and libraries you mention below. So, the question is whether the configure script is picking up on the correct llvm-config and whether llvm-config reports the right values. You in particular want to check the output of the following two commands:
>
> llvm-config --ldflags

 -L/usr/lib

> llvm-config --cxx-flags

 -I/usr/include -O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Werror=date-time -std=c++11 -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wcovered-switch-default -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor -Wstring-conversion -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -O3 -DNDEBUG  -fno-exceptions -DLLVM_BUILD_GLOBAL_ISEL -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS

> You can also explicitly point the configure script to the correct llvm-config with the help of the --with-llvm-config option.
>
> Does the above help?

Just a little - I don't have ambition to master LLVM compiler, I simply
wanted to prepare library package not investing into this that many hours.
I believe when libclc cannot 100% rely on LLVM's output it would be better
idea to prepare better "configure" script.

I described the problems I had to solve - and actually I don't see much
related information in LLVM's commands outputs you wrote about. So either
it's not there, or I can't see it there - which in result means about the
same: if it isn't done "on automatic" the operator is in trouble (unless
he's experienced programmer using LLVM many times before, which is "not
always" the case).
--
regards,
Zbigniew