[Libclc-dev] Compilation problems on Slackware 14.2 32-bit

Zbigniew via Libclc-dev libclc-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 5 13:37:09 PST 2018

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 08:52:37PM +0100, Jeroen Ketema via Libclc-dev wrote:

> Hi Zbigniew,
>
> Thanks for your email. Could you please tell us how you ran configure.py?

It's run by Slackbuild script. The relevant part is:

#v+
[..]
  SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686"
  LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
[..]
CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS -D__extern_always_inline=inline" \
./configure.py \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --libexecdir=/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/clc/ \
  --pkgconfigdir=/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/pkgconfig/ || exit 1
#v-

Well I managed to compile the library, but this is really painful process.

1. I had to modify generated Makefile, by adding there:

 -I/usr/include/c++/5.3.0/i586-slackware-linux -I/usr/include/c++/5.3.0

"configure" script was unable to find out the library will need header
files from both directories.

2. Next problem was, that some object files (crtbegin.o IIRC) from directory

 /usr/lib/gcc/i586-slackware-linux/5.3.0

...were also needed for linking stage.

Again: why "configure.py" is unable to detect their location? It's not that
difficult: "find /usr/lib -name crtbegin.o". Not being sure, how to pass
this information to Makefile, I simply copied all these object files from
that directory into libclc source directory. It seems, it worked.

3. Another problem - the one I contacted you with: it seems it's looking for
libgcc.o shared library, which SIMPLY DOESN'T EXIST in most distros! You can
choose among either:

 /usr/lib/gcc/i586-slackware-linux/5.3.0/libgcc.a

...or:

 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so

So again I had to do "manual intervention" by adding a symlink, to complete
linking process: "ln -s /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so /usr/lib/libgcc.so". It seems
it worked, by until now I'm not sure is it exactly library meant to be
linked with libclc (similar name doesn't have mean it is). But I hope it is.

So finally I created the package, and even compiled Mesa which depends upon
it. It seems it also works.
--
regards,
Zbigniew