[Libclc-dev] Request: Unit tests for lgamma, lgamma_r, and tgamma

Aaron Watry via Libclc-dev libclc-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 10 11:00:43 PDT 2016

Hey all,

I'm trying to finish off a long-winded attempt to get the CL kernels
generated by cppamp-driver-ng from multicoreware (possibly now
rebranded/merged as AMD's hcc) to compile/run with mesa/clover/libclc

I started working on the tgamma implementation as part of that, and in
order to port the tgamma implementation from the amd-builtins branch, I
also had to pull over lgamma, and lgamma_r.  I've got the implementations
copied over and vectorized, but I don't have a decent set of tests to
verify accuracy/correctness yet.

I can try to find something, but does anyone know of some decent unit
tests/values for accuracy of these functions?  It'd save me a bit of
trouble if I don't have to figure them out myself, and any existing tests
probably have much better coverage of any boundary conditions I wouldn't
know much about.

I've been short on time for personal projects over the last year or so, so
any help in this regard would be appreciated.  If no one has anything, then
I'll probably just start with what Beignet has, and eventually use HCC's
unit tests to at least make sure we're in the ballpark.

--Aaron

P.S. If anyone wants to look into cppamp-driver-ng/HCC, the only built-in
functions that are missing (to my knowledge) are:
expm1
logb
remainder
tgamma
Support for the CL 1.2 static keyword might also be required, but that's
probably a mesa/clover enhancement that needs to be done.