[Libclc-dev] Beignet wants to apply libclc

He Junyan junyan.he at inbox.com
Tue Sep 16 06:26:27 PDT 2014

hi,

I am a developer of Intel's open source CL stack, which name is Beignet.
We used to include all the CL built-ins in one huge header file and
compile it as a PCH.
We find some disadvantages of that manner and switched to the same
manner as libclc recently. We now have a internal lib, which play the
same role as the libclc, and we are attempting to apply the libclc to
replace it in the near future.
But I find some problems when I try to integrate the libclc:
1. There is no support for Image related functions in it now. Is that on
your plan?
2. I find it is not compatible with OpenCL1.2, which Beignet must
support, are you going to implement it?
3. Because beignet as a backend does not completely follow the PTX or
NVPTX framework, it has a lot of internal implementations for the
builtin functions. We may need to add a lot of files for it, is that
acceptable?

Thanks