[Libclc-dev] Install location for the pkg-config file

Michał Górny mgorny at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 13 02:45:58 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm working on bringing a better multilib experience for Gentoo users,
and I've tripped a bit on default install layout of libclc. By default,
libclc configure.py uses $prefix/lib/pkgconfig which is not really
a valid location on a multilib system.

As far as I can see, libclc installs only LLVM bytecode and headers,
and explicitly uses libexecdir rather than libdir. Does that mean that
libclc is completely ABI-agnostic? In that case, the proper install
location for pkg-config would be $prefix/share/pkgconfig.

Could you please tell me if I'm correct? And if I am, I think it would
be really beneficial to change the default within libclc sources
as well.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny