[Libclc-dev] What mean "cl_clang_storage_class_specifiers" error?

Chatsiri Ratana insiderboy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 01:31:51 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Tom Stellard <thomas.stellard at amd.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 01:06:20PM +0700, Chatsiri Ratana wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm compile example file extension name .cl with Clang in order to check
> > the Libclc can using with the Clang, but represent error as below.  That
> > comand line copy from file name compile-test.sh in openclc project and
> add
> > file cos.cl for compiling in suffix of command line.
> >
> > [chatsiri at maeka libclc]$ clang -ccc-host-triple nvptx--nvidiacl
> > -Iptx-nvidiacl/include -Igeneric/include -Xclang -mlink-bitcode-file
> > -Xclang nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/builtins.bc -include clc/clc.h test/cos.cl
> > In file included from <built-in>:127:
> > In file included from <command line>:1:
> > generic/include/clc/clc.h:2:2: error: Implementation requires
> > cl_clang_storage_class_specifiers extension!
> > #error Implementation requires cl_clang_storage_class_specifiers
> extension!
> >  ^
> > 1 error generated.
> >

> You need to to define cl_clang_storage_class_specifiers when compiling
> your code.  Try adding -Dcl_clang_storage_class_specifiers to your
> compile flags.

Hello Tom,

   I try to compile source code in test directory of libclc project, but
source code cannot compile with flag " *-ccc-host-triple nvptx--nvidiacl*".
See result below

*$ clang -ccc-host-triple nvptx--nvidiacl -Iptx-nvidiacl/include
-Igeneric/include -Xclang -mlink-bitcode-file -Xclang
nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/builtins.bc -include clc/clc.h
-Dcl_clang_storage_class_specifiers test/fabs.cl -S -o fabs.ptx error:
unable to create target: 'No available targets are compatible with this
triple, see -version for the available targets.' 1 error generated.*
*
*
*I check clang version in order to change target for compile code agains.*
* $ clang --version clang version 3.2 (trunk 158000) Target:
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu Thread model: posix*
* *
The command line specify the target architecture with
"*x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
*for creating backend code "fabs.ptx". Why clang throws an error? See on
link here [https://gist.github.com/2916095].

Best Regards,
Chatsiri Rattana.

http://about.me/chatsiri.ratana