[libc-dev] libc for the AArch64 target support

Siva Chandra via libc-dev libc-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 27 09:48:14 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 9:00 AM Itaru Kitayama via libc-dev
<libc-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am wondering if the community has been through or still working on
> the libc port to AArch64.
>
> On ThunderX2 I am trying to build the project together with others, but
> it is slow and not sure if the build was a success.

Realistically, the libc project just started. Barring few examples
showcasing how we want to build this libc, there isn't much available.
However, if you are on Linux, you should be able to build what is
present. The libc itself will not take very long to build. Can you
try:

$> cmake ../llvm -G Ninja -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="libc;llvm"
$> ninja llvmlibc

Thanks,
Siva Chandra