[flang-dev] Flang Biweekly Sync - Notes from the May 27, 2020 call

Bryan Chan via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 22 17:12:07 PDT 2020

Gary Klimowicz wrote:

> > I was referring to porting the flang-compiler/flang-driver and
> > flang-compiler/llvm patches to LLVM 10; some changes were needed to make
> > everything work. IIRC flang-compiler/flang itself didn't need a lot of
> > changes.
> >
> > If the Flang team is interested in moving towards LLVM 10 and monorepo,
> > I am happy to clean up my fork and post it on GitHub for review.
>
> Those changes would be very welcome, Bryan. I haven't done anything yet
> with the monorepo for classic Flang, but was planning to work on that soon.

I have pushed a monorepo fork with all the Flang patches from release_90 to:

https://github.com/Huawei-PTLab/classic-flang-llvm/

The code is in the release_10.x branch.

I had to revert some commits that are related to F18 in order to get classic
Flang working. I haven't thought about how to make classic Flang continue
to co-exist with the new Flang in LLVM 11 and beyond; perhaps it won't be
necessary. For now, this branch works and should run most unit tests.

To build the code, use the same instructions as before, but merge the first
three steps into one, e.g.

    cmake -G Ninja \
          $CMAKE_OPTIONS
          -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc \