[flang-dev] Helping out with flang

Caroline Concatto via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 6 13:10:20 PDT 2020

Hi Diana,

Just in case... I can see the nation asking for more buildbots.
If you have spare machines and it can be used on lab.llvm I can help you with the configurations.
The process to add them on lab.llvm is simple.
Please let me know if you need help.
I'll be happy to help.

Carol

On 06/08/2020, 19:57, "flang-dev on behalf of Hal Finkel via flang-dev" <flang-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org on behalf of flang-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

    On 8/6/20 12:33 PM, Richard Barton via flang-dev wrote:
    > Hi Diana
    >
    > Welcome - great to have you on board.
    >
    >> * Adding more armv8 buildbots if there are any configurations that
    >> still need to be covered
    > This would be very welcome. We already have two buildbots up and running and we are trying to add a third and fourth as our available hardware allows. We don't have a concrete roadmap to get more hardware for bots at the moment so if you have machines available today that would be a great help. Carol Concatto is co-ordinating the work so you should sync up with her to figure out how best to maximize configuration coverage across your bots and ours.

    As we've recently discussed on a different thread, it would be very
    useful to have a buildbot that builds Flang in the "out of tree"
    configuration. We likely also need a better spread of host compilers and
    versions.

      -Hal

    >> * Making flang more release-friendly (I see there have already been
    >> some efforts, but do let me know if there's anything left to do here.
    >> I'm a release tester for arm/aarch64 so I can easily get in the loop)
    > Flang is not the finished article yet so what we are doing for the LLVM11 release is adding a release note explaining what it can and can’t do [1]. We also need to get the documentation building properly [2] It would be great to get your thoughts on what more/else we should be doing here given your experience as a release tester.
    >
    > [1] https://reviews.llvm.org/D84864
    > [2] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/flang-dev/2020-July/000466.html.
    >
    > Ta
    > Rich