[flang-dev] Flang Buildbot

Caroline Concatto via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 22 00:59:06 PDT 2020

Hey,

Just to make sure, have you build the version 0.8.5?

Are you following the instructions in:
 http://docs.buildbot.net/0.8.5/full.html to install/start the slave?

About which master to connect.
First time I see asking to connect to 8014. I've only seeing http://lab.llvm.org: 9994/  to the silent one.

I believe step 9 is the one that connects the master in llvm to our slave.
So I believe that we need to do the git clone and then send the patch.

Not very sure about jobs=24` and `max_builds=2, but maybe max_builds is the number of slaves you have to build, jobs are the same as to make -j X, where X is the number of threads you could run your job in each slave.

I hope it has helped.

Carol

On 22/04/2020, 02:38, "flang-dev on behalf of Brian Friesen via flang-dev" <flang-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org on behalf of flang-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

    Hi again,

    On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 11:58 AM Michael Kruse via flang-dev
    <flang-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

    > Thanks for the update.
    >
    > Note that there is a staging area for unstable buildbots, that does
    > not send out mails: http://lab.llvm.org:8014/

    I have made some progress configuring a flang buildbot at NERSC.
    However I am confused by some parts of the LLVM builder docs
    (https://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html):

    - In some places that page says the production buildmaster is
    http://lab.llvm.org:8011 and the silent buildmaster is
    http://lab.llvm.org:8014 (Michael mentioned the same URLs earlier in
    this thread). But in other places on the same page, the production
    port is listed as 9990 and the silent port as 9994. Which pair of
    ports is correct? Or do these pairs of ports serve different purposes?

    - Step 9 of that page says "Send a patch which adds your build slave
    and your builder to zorg." What does that mean? I searched a bit and
    found this GitHub repository: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-zorg. Does
    step 9 consist of sending a GitHub pull request to that repository
    with the buildbot info?

     - Assuming that the above mentioned GitHub page is the correct page
    for 'zorg', what is the meaning of the properties 'jobs' and
    'max_builds'? e.g., this buildbot
    (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-zorg/blob/master/buildbot/osuosl/master/config/slaves.py#L14)
    has `jobs=24` and `max_builds=2`.

    Thanks.