[clangd-dev] Doubled features in vscode-clangd

Kacper Sagnowski via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 7 05:26:06 PST 2019

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right address for this kind of questions, but
hopefully you can at least forward this to the appropriate place.

I've been using the Microsoft C/C++ extension in VS Code as the main
provider of C++ related functionality (debugging, code completion, etc.)
and only recently started to also use vscode-clangd to add more useful
features like clang-tidy, code actions and refactorings. Since the two
extensions have a large overlap in functionality, I now ended up with many
doubled features, for example I get double hints when hovering over code,
double results when searching for references and so on, which is quite
confusing. Is there a way to avoid this doubling by disabling some features
in clangd or telling vscode to ignore some of the features of clangd? I
wasn't able to find a solution so far and would be grateful for your help.

Best regards,
Kacper Sagnowski