[clangd-dev] Compiling clangd to WebAssembly

Jonathan Beri via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 23 10:39:09 PDT 2019

Hi all,

As a learning exercise I am trying to compile clangd as a WebAssembly
target, with the eventual goal of using it as a Language Server in
conjunction with monaco <https://microsoft.github.io/monaco-editor/>, the
code editor behind Visual Studio Code.

So far I've successfully built all combinations of LLVM, clang and clangd
on macOS and Ubuntu. The build system is very easy to use, but rather
complex to understand for someone with limited experience like myself.

Are there any pointers to help me better understand clangd's Makefile?
Walking up the tree of parent files and environment variables hasn't
brought any clarity.

P.S. before I got any further, has anyone else tried this?

Cheers,
Jonathan Beri.