[clangd-dev] Clangd CUDA support

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 22 07:36:24 PDT 2019

Hi Jacek,

We haven't put any effort into supporting CUDA so far.
However, clang supports CUDA, so basic features should work on CUDA code,
e.g. non-CUDA-specific completions, resolve, etc.

The difficulty is obtaining a compilation database that specifies proper
CUDA-specific flags.

Could you describe the setup with YCM or VSCode that you tried and that
didn't work for you? What's the project (if it's open-source) you tried
running on? What's your OS and what kind of toolchain do you use for the
build (nvcc, clang)?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 2:26 PM Jacek Ciesielski via clangd-dev <
clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I couldn't find any reliable info whether clangd supports CUDA completion.
>
> Docs mention only C++. Yet, I tried using it with some CUDA code. I
> didn't succeed trying with YCM nor VS Code. Is it possible at all? How
> much effort would that possibly take to develop support for CUDA?
>
> Best regards,
> Jacek

Regards,
Ilya Biryukov