[clangd-dev] Multi-project workflow via multiple CDBs

Nathan Ridge via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 12 11:36:48 PDT 2019

> Unless there are issues that would prevent auto-discovery from working,
> I think we should prefer it instead.
> One strong reason is that auto-discovery would work regardless of the
> client support.

Of course, auto-discovery should be the default. This is about providing another option.

My understanding is that the motivation for another option, is building in multiple configurations. If you have multiple configurations, the CDBs need to go somewhere other than the source folder, as there is only one source folder.

> +1 to Doug's suggestion, if we there's a client that has a legitimate need
> to send all CDBs upfront, let's extend LSP
> to allow this instead of assigning our own semantics to the existing methods.

Agreed, that sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks,
Nate