[clangd-dev] Clangd Path Mappings for Docker Container

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 16 05:54:59 PST 2019

The idea that I was playing around with was remapping the paths between
network mount and a Clangd running on the remote machine.
I actually wrote an LSP wrapper that would update all the paths used along
the way. It worked, but using it was a terrible pain. (Offtopic: network
mounts are a terrible idea, rsyncing the code gives a so much better
latency!)

As ugly as this sounds, I actually think that having an option in clangd to
remap the paths is the preferred option here. It's feels like the only way
that has a reasonable UX.
Just to make it clear, your setup is as follows:
- A development environment (where you run the builds, etc) is configured
inside a docker image.
- The source code lives inside a folder on a host OS.
- The source code folder is mounted into the docker container.
- The editors run in the host OS, the language server runs inside the
docker container.

Regards,
Ilya Biryukov