[clangd-dev] Mentors and projects needed for Season of Docs

Tanya Lattner via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 19 11:18:26 PDT 2019

LLVM Developers,

Google has a new program called Season of Docs <https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/>. To summarize, this program brings together open source communities and technical writers to the benefit of both. Open source communities are paired with technical writers on technical writing projects proposed by the open source community.

As good documentation is key to getting new developers involved with the LLVM Project and also helping existing developers, I feel it would be beneficial if LLVM participated in this program.

Here is where we need your help! For our application, we need a list of open projects that are a good fit for technical writers. Here is the description of what the open projects proposals consist of:
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas <https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas>
Second, we need mentors to work with the technical writers as they work on the projects. Even if you don’t want to be involved in drafting the ideas, the technical writers will need mentors to help guide them and answer LLVM related questions.

If you have an idea for a project, please send me your outline. We are currently creating a web page for our application. Or if you just are interested in being a mentor (no commitment until you see the list of projects), then send me a quick email. The deadline for the application is April 23, 2019 at 20:00 UTC  (so not much time).

If you have questions, please let me know. As this program is new, we are all trying to figure it out :)

Thank you,
Tanya Lattner