[clangd-dev] Releasing/packaging clangd

Sylvestre Ledru via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 21 07:25:51 PDT 2018

Le 20/09/2018 à 23:33, Sam McCall a écrit :
> +Sylvestre, who appears to maintain clang/llvm packages for debian.
>
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:08 PM Ilya Biryukov <iu.biryukov at gmail.com <mailto:iu.biryukov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     BTW, Kadir noticed today that clangd is already packaged in clang-tools package and available in the new Ubuntu distributions, see:
>     https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/amd64/clang-tools-7/filelist
>
>     (It's also there in clang-tools-5 and clang-tools-6)
>
> Oh, good catch! I was looking at the clang-tools package, not clang-tools-N.
> (I don't really understand debian packaging, in case it wasn't obvious!)
No worries! :)

clang-tools is a meta package. It will point to the "recommended" version of clang
and install the symlink.

>     It's named /usr/bin/clangd-7, though. Would be nice to have a /usr/bin/clangd symlink pointing to one of the "versioned" binaries
>
> I guess there's some packaging magic needed to get that symlink...
> Seems to be here: https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-llvm-team/llvm-defaults/blob/5f4f2eb04f1340a8228bda0168534dd63a199be2/debian/rules#L288-290
bravo for finding the exact place :)

> Sylvestre: Do we have that right? If we want a clangd symlink for the next clang-tools release, should I add one line to "rules" and send you a GitLab merge requsest?
Corret!
I did it for you and uploaded it in Debian experimental already.

https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-llvm-team/llvm-defaults/commit/a3e61c84f6ccb55d41b4dec5461cc437d9cb4ba9

Should be also live on https://apt.llvm.org/ in the next few hours!