[clangd-dev] Releasing/packaging clangd

Sam McCall via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 20 13:41:17 PDT 2018

Hey Hans,

Congrats on the recent LLVM7 release!

It got me thinking about clangd, which has probably reached a level of
stability/performance/features where casual users could benefit from it.
I wanted to pick your brain a little bit (feel free to redirect).

Is it true that:
 - the LLVM release scripts build clang-tools-extra including clangd
 - exactly which files go in which packages is up to the distro package
maintainer

Do you have recommendations how I proceed to get clangd packaged? Should I
contact existing distro package maintainers? Do we have a list?
(If I had to pick one, my top priority would be a debian package)

Any opinion on whether this should be part of an existing package (debian
has clang-tools) or a separate clangd package?

cheers, Sam