[clangd-dev] Code completion overload folding

Sam McCall via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 11 07:22:36 PDT 2018

Yeah, merging only results from the same header makes sense to me. It's not
in the prototype because

I'd personally find it hard to give up the signature for non-overloads (and
non-functions). But this does strike me as a place a (second) option might
make sense.
I assumed people would want the popular/likely overload bundles exploded
into individual items, but it seems that's just me. Maybe
explode-after-full-name is a good fallback for editors that don't support
signature help?

[6 overloads] is better than [overloaded] for sure. I was just too tired to
fix it on Friday :-)