[clangd-dev] Implementing symbols in document (textDocument/documentSymbol)

Marc-André Laperle via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 1 07:38:09 PDT 2018

Hi Sam,

The scoring changes you mention sound like a good improvement!

What I mentioned about scoring for document symbols turned out to not be relevant. I forgot that for this request, the filtering is done on the client side (there is no "query" string) and symbols should be ordered as seen in the file anyway. The fact that we have to keep symbols as ordered in files would be probably not make a lot of sense for the index. So, this makes me more confident that an AST-only approach is the way to go.

Cheers,

Marc-André