[clangd-dev] Clangd + XPC

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 9 10:00:45 PDT 2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update! It's great that we're after a solution that works at
the protocol boundary, that does sound like something that should be easier
to maintain and not too complicated.
I have skimmed through the patch, and as far as I can tell the idea is to
forward raw JSON messages back and forth via XPC without actually
converting from JSON to XPC and back.
Am I reading it correctly?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 5:38 PM Jan Korous via clangd-dev <
clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Based on our discussion with Sam in https://reviews.llvm.org/D48559 we
> talked about our requirements internally and ultimately decided to change
> our approach.
>
> We are going to use serialized JSON LSP over XPC instead of custom
> transport layer and we aren’t going to indroduce XPC-specific code to
> clangd binary itself which has several advantages.
>
> I put our current design for review to continue the discussion.
> https://reviews.llvm.org/D50452
>
> I would like to thank you all for the great feedback you gave us! It
> helped us to precisely pinpoint our requirements.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jan

Regards,
Ilya Biryukov