[cfe-users] How does -forder-file-instrumentation work with respect to LTO?

Michael Eisel via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 10 15:19:35 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm interested in using this flag, however I have a few questions. In
Clang.cpp it states, "When ThinLTO is on, we need to pass these flags as
linker flags and that will be handled outside of the compiler". When thin
LTO is on, does this mean that it doesn't change the code but rather embeds
information within the object file telling the linker to do the order file
pass during its LTO phase? Are any flags required to be passed to the
linker invocation for this?