[cfe-users] (no subject)

Andrey L via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 18 11:42:13 PST 2020

Thanks for replying!

Unfortunately, this is not what I am looking for. Probably was not clear
enough when I've asked.

I do NOT look for any sort of integration with VS. On contrary, I would
like clang-cl.exe NOT to see any VS installations I might have on my
machine.

What I see is that, no matter what I do, clang-cl.exe always discovers
my VS installation and pulls include files from there. I don't need
that. I need it only to see what is specified on command line.

Specifically, when compiling "hello, world" I would like it to fail with
"stdio.h not found" and not with "I've scanned your system, found visual
studio and decided to use include files from there, now I'm failing
because of some incompatibility".

So, my questions are:

1. where is this "magic scan for includes" functionality is coming from?

2. how can I disable it? To make sure that clang-cl.exe is a compiler,
that takes options and input files from command line, and not from some
hard-coded heuristics.

Is it possible at all?