[cfe-users] Building with Clang (on Windows) - but for Linux

John Emmas via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 25 08:47:50 PDT 2020

Sorry about the confusing subject line!!  I use Visual Studio 2019 on
Windows 10 and I've just installed something called WSL (Windows
Subsystem for Linux) which allows it to build apps for Linux.  A big
part of this involves installing a Linux distro and I've chosen Debian
(mostly it just installs basic utilities and a bash shell).

Part of the process involved me issuing this bash command:-

     sudo apt-get install openssh-server g++ gdb gdbserver

After which, I could then build g++ Linux apps - even though I'm running
everything in Windows.  I then did this:-

     sudo apt-get install clang

So I can now build with clang, as well as g++ - but what about
debugging?  Should I have also installed a clang debugger?  And if so,
what would be the apt-get command for that?  Thanks,

John