[cfe-users] how to build latest version of Clang

Jost, Gabriele (ARC-TNC)[Supersmith] via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 18:06:33 PDT 2020

Hello Fellow Clang users,
My clang install is still clang 9.0 and I would like to upgrade to the latest release. I am not sure what the latest version is. I saw that there clang 12 still in progress, but on the download page, I only see clang 10. So I followed the instructions here, because I need OpenMP offload support:

https://hpc-wiki.info/hpc/Building_LLVM/Clang_with_OpenMP_Offloading_to_NVIDIA_GPUs

I am getting somewhat disturbing messages during the configure:
-- Performing Test HAVE_POSIX_REGEX
-- Performing Test HAVE_POSIX_REGEX
-- Performing Test HAVE_POSIX_REGEX -- success
-- Performing Test HAVE_STEADY_CLOCK
-- Performing Test HAVE_STEADY_CLOCK
-- Performing Test HAVE_STEADY_CLOCK -- success
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

    CLANG_OPENMP_NVPTX_DEFAULT_ARCH
    LIBOMPTARGET_DEP_LIBELF_LIBRARIES
    LIBOMPTARGET_NVPTX_COMPUTE_CAPABILITIES

Has any of run into this issues before? Does not look the configure would support target offload.
Any help greatly appreciated,
Greetings
Gabriele

Gabriele Jost

Gabriele Jost       NASA Ames Research Center
Email: Gabriele.Jost at nasa.gov    Mail Stop 258-6
Work Phone: (650) 604-0468     Bldg. 258, Rm. 232-4
Scientific & HPC Application        P.O. Box 1
Development/Optimization         Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001