[cfe-users] clang 11rc1 - target aarch64 -mharden-sls warning

Milan Buška via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 3 04:08:46 PDT 2020

Hi Jonas

I built Clang in the native aarch64 environment on a Jetson TX2 device.
I didn't use bootstrap.

My procedure:
- compile clang using gcc compiler using
   CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS = "-march = armv8-a -mharden-sls = all -pipe"
   CC=gcc CXX=g ++

- installation of clang into the system

- recompiling clang using the clang compiler using
   CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS = "-march = armv8-a -mharden-sls = all -pipe"
   CC=clang CXX=clang ++

I'm getting an error message during this step.

Build configuration used:

cmake .. -G Ninja \
               -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE = Release \
               -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX = / usr \
               -DCLANG_INCLUDE_TEST = OFF \
               -DCLANG_PLUGIN_SUPPORT = ON \
               -DCLANG_VENDOR = "SAUX Aarch64" \
               -Wno-dev

I'll wait until clang v. 11.0.0 is released.
Then I'll try again.

Best regards
Milan

--

Remember, no question is too stupid and no problem too small
       -- We've all been beginners