[cfe-users] Disable gcc fallback when cross compiling

David Venhoek via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 23 12:01:59 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to use clang-llvm as a complete cross-compilation
toolchain, targeting i386-none-elf. However,  when trying to do this,
it still seems to be picking up on my system compiler (in my case gcc)
and its includes, even though I am trying to tell it not to. I run the
compiler with the following:

clang --target=i386-pc-none-elf -fuse-ld=lld  test.c -v -ffreestanding

How can I convince it not to fallback to gcc for calling the linker?

Thanks in advance
David Venhoek