[cfe-users] clang-tblgen not installed

Alex Biddulph via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 5 20:19:53 PDT 2019

Hi,

Is there a reason why clang-tblgen is not installed with all of the
other clang binaries?

According to
http://releases.llvm.org/8.0.0/docs/HowToCrossCompileLLVM.html
clang-tblgen (along with llvm-tblgen) are needed if you want to
cross-compile clang, but since clang-tblgen is not installed during the
normal installation process this means that system packages (like those
available for Arch Linux) don't provide a clang-tblgen requiring me to
build a local clang that I can then use to cross-compile clang. This is
at odds with LLVM which does install llvm-tblgen.

Is this a bug, or is there a reason why clang-tblgen is not installed?

Kind regards,
Alex