[cfe-users] Using clang windows installer from command line

Hans Wennborg via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 11 05:08:28 PDT 2018

The installer is built using NSIS, and that claims that it's possible
to run the installer silently from the command line:

  LLVM-7.0.0-rc2-win32.exe /S /D=\src\llvminstall

(See 3.2.1 here:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter3.html#installerusagecommon)

I've never gotten that to work myself though.

If you just need a zip file to deploy, I'd suggest doing a local
install with the official installer and ziping up the install
directory.

If you don't need the official releases but just need a clang, you can
get the tarballs used by Chrome here: http://is.gd/chromeclang

 - Hans