[cfe-users] error: unknown target CPU 'pentium-m'

Anonymous User via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 2 03:13:46 PDT 2018

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 04:54:44 -0400 Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> Also see
> https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2016-March/048049.html

Thanks. Unfortunately that still doesn't answer the
question. It says:

> The -mcpu and -march options are very similar in
> clang. In general, they're setting the processor
> you're compiling your code to run on.
>
> The reasons behind this are largely historical and
> option compatibility with gcc.

Still '-march=pentium-m' (which is available for gcc)
is not recognized by clang. So I am afraid I don't
know how to use this info practically.

I have also seen:

https://clang.llvm.org/docs/CrossCompilation.html#general-cross-compilation-options-in-clang

but it is still not clear what hides behind those
"etc". It doesn't even mention -march and there no
clear list of what one can use for -mcpu. This is
very confusing.

--
George