[cfe-users] "clang has stopped working" when using clang-tidy in cl mode and /EHsc

Stuart Thomson via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 27 06:36:49 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am using clang on Windows and can currently create an AST dump for a cpp file, which I am doing as follows:

clang-cl -Xclang -ast-dump foo.cpp [OPTIONS]

Where [OPTIONS] is the list of command line options used to compile with. However, when I try to use clang tidy, there is a pause where seemingly nothing happens and then I get a pop-up saying "clang has stopped working" and it crashes. I am calling clang-tidy with the following command:

clang-tidy foo.cpp -- --driver-mode=cl [OPTIONS]

I tried removing options in [OPTIONS] one-by-one and it seems like part of the problem may be the option /EHsc because removing it stops this behaviour. I am finding it difficult to understand what the problem is exactly but I was wondering if I am even going about this the right way. The fact that I can produce an AST while using /EHsc has confused me. Any ideas people might have about what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Stuart