[cfe-users] .deb package for LibC++

Michal Jaszczyk via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 12 13:43:56 PST 2017

Hey,

I'm trying to set up my Ubuntu Yakkety dev environment to use Clang and
LibC++.

I'm trying to use Clang 4.0. It is not available in Yakkety by default, but
http://apt.llvm.org/ conveniently offers an Apt repository to get the right
package. I was able to use that and get Clang 4.0 pretty smoothly.

Similarly, I'd like to use LibC++ 4.0. Yakkety offers 3.7 by default, and
it is actually broken. However, it seems that apt.llvm.org does not provide
.deb packages for LibC++. Is there anywhere I could find them?

If none exist, how hard would it be to add them? I'd be willing to spend
some time trying to make this happen.

Cheers,

M.