[cfe-users] can't find binary/executable

Michael Mitchell via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 21 06:50:02 PDT 2017

Hi,
my exact question is in paragraph numbered 3 below. The first two
paragraphs have prefatory information.

1. I ran the following command to build llvm and clang (with the intention
of building the examples),

`sudo cmake -DLLVM_BUILD_EXAMPLES=1 -DCLANG_BUILD_EXAMPLES=1
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" ../llvm`

2. After it completed, I ran `make` and `make install`. The output from
`make install` showed this (for the PrintFunctions example in
/clang/examples)

[ 92%] Built target PrintFunctionNames_exports

[ 92%] Built target PrintFunctionNames

-- Installing: /usr/local/lib/PrintFunctionNames.so

3. Question: is there a step I need to do to run the PrintFunctionNames
example?  I can't find a binary/executable?

4. In the directory build/tools/clang/examples, I have this

analyzer-plugin
clang-interpreter
CMakeFiles
PrintFunctionNames
AnnotateFunctions
cmake_install.cmake
Makefile

5. In  build/tools/clang/examples/PrintFunctionNames/ I have this

cmake_install.cmake
Makefile
CMakeFiles
PrintFunctionNames.exports