[cfe-users] Help needed in analyzing liveness of variables with LLVM IR

Shail Dave via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 6 22:31:17 PDT 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your time in reading this. I need help in analyzing the
live-in and live-out variables for few loops in the llvm IR. I want to
figure out which is a live-variable at the end of the loop and what is
live-in variable for the loop. I found that such provisions are available
for machine instructions. But, I have to use this at IR level. I found few
papers showing algorithms to construct such analysis but, it seems to me
that this must be a problem encountered before and there should be at least
similar functionalities in some of the analyses passes in the existing LLVM
framework. It would be great if I can find some references or someone can
give some suggestions.

If I cannot find some existing passes, I am also not sure about - how can I
make use of Intrinsic::invariant_start or Intrinsic::lifetime_start for
aforementioned purpose. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Best,
Shail