[cfe-users] Emit LLVM IR from OpenCL

Zheng Wang via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 15 10:12:00 PST 2016

Hi,

Could anybody give me an example of emitting LLVM IR from OpenCL code?

I tried this for the backprop benchmark from the rodinia benchmark suite:

clang -x cl backprop_kernel.cl  -emit-llvm -S -o backprop_kernel.ll

and the the following warning:

backprop_kernel.cl:24:13: warning: implicit declaration of function
'get_group_id' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   int by = get_group_id(1);
            ^
backprop_kernel.cl:25:13: warning: implicit declaration of function
'get_local_id' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   int tx = get_local_id(0);
            ^
backprop_kernel.cl:34:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
'barrier' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
                barrier(CLK_LOCAL_MEM_FENCE);
                ^
3 warnings generated.

Does it seem okay?