[cfe-users] Problem with Installation

Robert Sherry via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 18:38:33 PST 2016

I recently installed LLVM and Clang on my machine running windows 7. It
also has cygwin installed. I went to the following URL:
http://blog.johannesmp.com/2015/09/01/installing-clang-on-windows-pt2/
and followed in instructions in Part 1 and Part 2. I installed MinGW for
both 32 bits and 64 bits. However, I do not have
the directory c:\mingw64 and I do not have the directory c:\mingw32. I
do have a directory called c:\mingw and
off of that I do have a directory mingw32.
I also saved the two bat files setgcc32 and setgcc64 on the page. When I
try the following command line in 32 bit mode:
     clang++  main.cpp -o main.exe -std=c++14
I get:
     c:\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc_s
     c:\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc_s
     clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v
to see invocation)

When I try it in 64 bit mode, I get:
         main.cpp:1:10: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
         #include <stdio.h>
          ^
         1 error generated.

What am I doing wrong?