[cfe-users] Clang memory sanitizer: llvm-symbolizer problem

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 24 09:12:38 PST 2015

Short update: I thought the behavior reported below it might be related to the fact that llvm-symbolizer picks up the “wrong” (i.e. the msan-implemented) version of libc++ once I put it in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Thus I tried to compile a complete LLVM/Clang stack (with compiler-rt, libcxx, libcxxabi, libomp) using -DLLVM_USE_SANITIZER=MemoryWithOrigins. However, this did not work either, as apparently during the compilation process the memory sanitizer already comes to life and complains about use-of-unitialized values… Thus this approach seems to be a dead end.

Michael