[cfe-users] Using RefactoringTool::applyAllReplacements()

Justin Tai taijusti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:17:57 PDT 2015

Hi all,
I'm building a standalone C/C++ source-to-source transformation Clang tool.
I'm following Eli Bendersky's blog and examples:
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2014/07/29/ast-matchers-and-clang-refactoring-tools
https://github.com/eliben/llvm-clang-samples/blob/master/src_clang/matchers_replacements.cpp

How would the example change had it actually written out the changes with
RefactoringTool::applyAllReplacements(). Specifically, that method takes in
a Rewriter reference. How do we create a new one? Is it correct to go
through the steps to make a new SourceManager and Rewriter? Can two
different SourceManager objects which were constructed using the same
parameters correctly interpret the same SourceLocation object?

Thanks,
Justin