[cfe-users] How to emit optimization reports

Björn Pollex bjoern.pollex at sbgenomics.com
Fri Nov 21 04:32:44 PST 2014

Hi all,

according to the documentation, clang supports options to emit optimisation reports <http://llvm.org/releases/3.5.0/tools/clang/docs/UsersManual.html#options-to-emit-optimization-reports>. However, when I try to use them, I get an error:

$ clang test.cpp -c -Rpass=inline
clang: error: unknown argument: '-Rpass=inline’

Am I doing something wrong? I am using this version of clang:

$ clang --version
Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.54) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0
Thread model: posix

Thanks for your help, and kind regards,

	Björn Pollex