[cfe-users] Clang-cl ... with objective-c?

Kevin Ingwersen ingwie2000 at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 16:52:53 PDT 2014

Hey everyone.

I am working on a project in which I would like to prefferabily use Objective-C. However, cl.exe obviously does not know what a .m or .mm file is (therefore it knows CSharp, which Clang does not know…). So I wanted to ask, if the cl driver (clang-cl) actually does Objective-C too? I was going to utilize the ObjFW project as library and runtime, so I wouldn’t even need anything else but a proper ObjC compiler.

My current platform is Mac OS X, my alternative is Windows 8.1. Due to a mishap, I currently have to reinstall and re-manage my various copies of Visual Studio…but I used VC 2013.

Kind regards, Ingwie.