[cfe-users] Problem installing Clang

John Pote johnhpote at o2.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 03:58:20 PDT 2014

Thought I would give clang a try out so installed version 3.4 pre-built
binary "Clang for Windows (.sig)" from
http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.4.
Installation seemed to go OK.

When I tried to run clang.exe I received a windows error message stating
that the .exe was not a valid win32 executable. So I tried some of the
other executables in the bin directory, all of them gave the same result.

My PC is running Win XP professional 5.1 with service pack 3.

So I ran the uninstall.exe which worked!

Am I miss-understanding something, installed clang incorrcetly?

Also I could not find any docs on how to  use clang. The on line
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html is a little sparse.
Curiously while I did find most of the usual include files I could not
find stdio.h .

Help appreciated,
John