[cfe-users] Apple's Swift language, will it come to public clang?

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Tue Jun 3 01:46:16 PDT 2014

Kevin wrote:
> (…) or will it be similar to C# and be a serious „platform-only“ thing?

IMHO since it is a part of LLVM project, there's nothing that makes it platform specific. Clang supports various ObjC runtimes, so I presume Swift will follow.

Chris wrote:
> We don't have anything to say about that at this point, but you can read all about swift, for free, with the new Swift iBook.

I am after my 1st read. So far what makes me curious is whether there will be a way to keep class instances on stack. From what I understood all classes are pointers where value types are not.

Not sure whether containers are pointers or values though. I wish to be there at WWDC ;)

Swift seems to carry C++11 power without its clutter, however I am not sure if it is as much expressive as C++11.

Regards,
--
Adam