[cfe-users] Trying to build clang but don't appear to have it in the source

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:28:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

>From the Clang Get Started page, http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html

> Clang is released as part of regular LLVM releases. You can download the
release versions from http://llvm.org/releases/

I downloaded it, and built it. No clang was installed. I grepped the
downloaded source and clang doesn't appear to be in there.

    $ ls -lR llvm-3.4.2.src/ | grep clang
    -rwxr-xr-x   1 iainuser  iainuser   3249 22 Dec  2012
clang-parse-diagnostics-file
    -rw-r--r--  1 iainuser  iainuser    401 24 Sep  2013
mergefunctions.clang.svn.patch

The bin/ that was produced by the LLVM build:

    $ ls -R
    bugpoint         llvm-as          llvm-diff        llvm-lto
llvm-readobj     llvm-tblgen
    llc              llvm-bcanalyzer  llvm-dis         llvm-mc
 llvm-rtdyld      macho-dump
    lli              llvm-c-test      llvm-dwarfdump   llvm-mcmarkup
 llvm-size        opt
    lli-child-target llvm-config      llvm-extract     llvm-nm
 llvm-stress
    llvm-ar          llvm-cov         llvm-link        llvm-objdump
llvm-symbolizer

I'm not entirely clear what I should be doing, other that pulling down the
source via SVN, but I'd prefer a release than a checkout.

If anyone can point me in the correct direction for the last release of
Clang, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,
Iain